Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Outing to the Yale Center for British Art



Lobby of the Yale Center for British Art

Sculptures in Lobby


"Portrait of Mr. Van Amburgh, as He Appeared with His Animals at the London Theatres"
Oil on Canvas, 1847 by Sir Edwin Landseer

"Westminster Bridge, with the Lord Mayor's Procession on the Thames"
Oil on Canvas, 1747 by Canaletto











"Wollaton Hall and Park, Nottinghamshire"
Oil on Canvas, 1697 by Jan Siberechts



I made two trips to this museum. The first was with a group of children from my job. We had the pleasure of having a volunteer who had plenty of knowledge about the art work. We were there for two hours. For my second trip, I took my fiancé and I was able to really focus on three specific pieces. All pictures were taken without a flash. The "Portrait of Mr. Van Amburgh, as He Appeared with His Animals at the London Theatres" is actually a picture of a post card. They would not allow me to take a picture of the painting. In order to take a decent picture of the post card, I set my camera setting to micro, taped it to my front door, and snapped the picture. This was a little trick I learned in Digital Photography I. I was allowed to take pictures of the other two paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have more photographs you could post to round out the photo essay on this museum? You are always welcome to photograph in the YCBA as long as it is their own work in their permanent collection... of course without flash....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a few more pictures of the lobby. I guess I got a little dicouraged because I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the portraits that I really wanted to photograph.

    ReplyDelete